On Mobile Devices, scroll down for list of Programs
ADMISSIONS 2017-18 ARE OPEN
Please read carefully the admission process below
1) Where can I get the application form?
Forms and information, can be obtained from:
a) NICC's website(Download application form here)
b) Directly from Administrative Office, NICC Bangalore
FOR ADMISSION ENQUIRIES, PLEASE CALL 080-65337001
Only duly completed printed application forms along with demand draft for Rs.3000/- favouring NICC, payable at Bangalore, will be accepted.
E-mailed application forms will not be considered valid.
Students applying for more than one program are required to apply separately for each program.
2) What is a Reference Letter?
This is relevant only for candidates applying for Undergraduate Programs. Reference Letter format can be downloaded here. It is a letter that needs to be filled out and undersigned by HOD or Principal of candidate's school.
3) What is a Letter of Intent?
This is relevant to all candidates applying for any program at NICC. Letter of Intent should be written by the candidate, and undersigned by parent/ guardian. Here are some questions that can be the guideline for writing your Letter of Intent:
- Why do you wish to join the program you are applying for?
- Why do you wish to join NICC, what is different from other colleges?
- What profession do you see yourself in after finishing your education?
- or if you wish to study further and where?
- Why have you decided to pursue a creative stream?
- What do you perceive as your strengths that are relevant to your choice to pursue a program in creative field?
- What are the achievements, awards (if any) relevant to your creativity?
4) How can I prepare for the NICC Entrance Exam?
Admission at NICC is based on merit and a method of selection that extends beyond candidate's previous academic qualifications. The objective of the entrance exam is to ascertain the candidate's creative thinking, creative skills, and achievement self-motivation.
NICC Entrance Exam consists of 3 parts:
1) Aptitude Test - is a written test comprising of exercises and assignements of creative nature, such as problem solving tasks, observation, ideation, visualization, visual association, form exploration, storytelling, drawing, verbal and visual communication.
2) Portfolio Evaluation
For Undergraduate Applicants: Your portfolio should consist of recent creative work (not older than 2 years): digital or hand-made sketches, drawings, collage, paintings and illustrations, sculpture, hand-crafted objects, design concepts, design models, photographs, computer artwork, web and other presentations, animation, video, scripts, articles, poems, etc.
For Postgraduate Applicants: Your portfolio should consist of work relevant to the program you are applying for, but can include other creative work as well to showcase your skills, knowledge and capability. Any of the above mentioned can be included.
3) Interview - is a focused conversation with the objective of defining and understanding student’s ambitions and motivation, academic and professional objectives, as well as evaluation of understanding of the structure and operational framework of NICC, its programs and curricula.
5) What is the procedure after passing the entrance exam?
Candidates accepted for admission are e-mailed the Admission Offer Letter, Fee Structure and NICC Code of Conduct, and are given a deadline to secure their seats.
6) Commencement of academic year:
Tentative date: 15th July
General Terms and Conditions of Admission:
The norms for the selection are the sole prerogative of the Admission Committee and the decision of the Admission Committee and the Management in any of the matters concerning the admission process and selection are final.