International Masters Combination Program - Animation ProductionThe "Avatar" Professional Career Program: Empowering Students to Apply Hi-Tech 3D in Elite Professions (See below) Note: If you have visited this page before, please empty your browser cache and reload the page for newly-uploaded videos to appear.
International Postgraduate Diploma in Animation Production
A UNIQUE HIGH-LEVEL PROGRAM WITH GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES. A "FIRST IN INDIA" Program
+ M.A. Mass Communication Degree
PLEASE NOTE: THIS PROGRAM IS NOT FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO JOIN A LOW-LEVEL MAYA / MAX PRODUCTION LINES IN 3D.
THIS PROGRAM IS MEANT FOR THOSE WHO WISH TO ENTER HIGH-DEMAND, HIGHLY-PAID JOBS IN PRODUCT DESIGN, REAL ESTATE, INTERIOR DESIGN & ARCHITECTURAL VISUALIZATION, CREATION OF GAMING ASSETS, VR (Virtual Reality), AR (Augmented Reality)AND SIMILAR AREAS FOR WHICH THERE IS HIGH DEMAND.
DURATION: 4 semesters
NUMBER OF SEATS: 10
ELIGIBILITY: Graduation in any field ( Art, Design, Computer Science preferred ) and NICC Entrance Exam pass (Aptitude Test, Portfolio Evaluation and Interview) (Download application form here)
PROGRAM FEES: Rs.2,90,000/-per year
- VIRTUAL REALITY (VR) & AUGMENTED REALITY (AR)
- MODELING & ANIMATION FOR PRODUCT & INDUSTRIAL DESIGN WITH SIMULATION & DYNAMICS
- MODELING, ANIMATION & WALKTHROUGHS FOR ARCHITECTURAL & REAL-ESTATE INDUSTRIES
- MODELING, ANIMATION, COMPOSITING/EDITING with SFX for 3D Film and Real-Life /CGI Mixed-Media Film
- MODELING, ANIMATION, COMPOSITING / EDITING with specific reference to TV Advertising CGI Film Creation
- CHARACTER, ENVIRONMENT and TERRAIN CREATION for 3D Interactive Games
- 3D and MIXED-MEDIA ILLUSTRATION for New Media and Print Media
Foundations in MAYA & UNITY
Advanced 3D SFX & VFX in LIGHTWAVE (The "Avatar" Movie software)
VR & AR in UNITY 3D
Additional: DAZ 3D
Specialist 3D PAINTING PROGRAMS
ZBrush ABOUT LIGHTWAVE
Lightwave is the program which was used by Rob Powers (The VFX Director of the film, "Avatar".) Please download the PDF file from here to learn about this most powerful (but unknown to the public) 3D Program
ALL ABOUT LIGHTWAVE
NICC is the only College that has a full course in Lightwave !
The program simultaneously provides two qualifications in two years:
1) NICC International Postgraduate Diploma in Animation Production (NICC Diploma: Under Directorate of Collegiate Education, Govt. of Karnataka) - Pan-European and International recognition by ELIA Member-Institutions. This Diploma with the Portfolio it provides, is the platform to elite careers with Indian Industries & MNCs.
2) M.A. Mass Communication Degree - Issued by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore - U.G.C. Recognised.
For more details of National & International validity of qualifications and their significance, please see the Affiliations page.
The academic year is divided into semesters, which are further divided into academic quarters. Every quarter consists of lecture periods and lecture + project periods, during which students are engaged in projects which are a direct opportunity of applying what is thaught and learned in a given quarter. Evaluation, therefore, takes place four times in a year, at the end of each quarter. This structure helps students to systematically build their portfolio of work, as the first prerequisite to enter the professional market.
Semester 1 (Foundation):
- Theory and History of Art, Film and CGI
- Applied Fine-Arts: Traditional Illustration, Sculpting,
Drawing in 2D and 3D (Perspective)
- Introduction to Computer Arts and CGI Technologies
- Essentials of Digital Photography and Cinematography
as applied to 3D and Mixed Composites
- Concepts of Modeling and Animation
- Introduction to software platforms and Motion Graphics tools
including integrated platforms in current use
for animated / mixed television and feature film.
|Semester 2 (Modeling):
- Choices and options in modeling methods
- Approach to Inorganic Modeling
- Splines and Polygons
- Precision Modeling and Modeling from Blueprints
- Application of Dynamics in Modeling
- Approach to Organic Modeling
- Human, Biped and Quadruped Anatomy for Modelers
- Emotions and their Physical Expression
- Modeling Conforming Clothes and Hair
|Semester 3 (Rigging and Animation):
- Rigging for organic and inorganic models
- Forward and Inverse Kinematics
- Defining and Controlling Joint Functions and Target Deformation
- The 11 Classic Principles of Animation
- Walk Cycles
- Cameras: Angles, Focal Lengths and Distances, Depth of Field,
- Introduction to Lighting and Texturing
|Semester 4 (Texturing, Compositing, Editing, VFX, SFX, Sound):
- Advanced Texturing
- Advanced Lighting
- SFX and VFX
- AR (Augmented Reality) & VR (Virtual Reality)
- 3D Film-Making - Cross-Platform integration
- Speech and Lip-Synching
- Compositing with live footage
- Post-Production and Editing
- Game-Character Design
- Sound-Tracks and Sound Editing
- Portfolio finalization
- Internship / Placement program
Internships and job placements are on individual basis provided to deserving students with Animation and Film Production Houses, Architecture and Product Design Studios, and Design Studios in India. Some of these companies and organizations include Zynga, Freshdesk, NID Bangalore, Cognizant, Byjus Classes (Think and Learn Div.), and others. Please see Placement page for the list of companies of past NICC placements.