International Professional Diploma Program - Fashion Technology
International Professional Diploma in Fashion Technology
DURATION: 1 year
NUMBER OF SEATS: 5
ELIGIBILITY: + 2 or equivalent and NICC Entrance Exam pass (Aptitude Test + Portfolio Evaluation + Interview)
PROGRAM FEES: Rs.2,55,500/- per year
For full fees details & breakup, please see the last page of the Application Form
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
1) International Graduate Diploma In Fashion Technology - Pan-European acceptance and International recognition by ELIA Member-Institutions. This Diploma with the Portfolio it provides, is the platform to elite careers with Indian Industries & MNCs.
For more details of National & International validity of qualifications and their significance, please see the Affiliations page.
Academic year at NICC is divided into semesters, which are further divided into academic quarters. Every quarter consists of lecture periods and lecture + project periods, during which students are engaged in projects which are a direct opportunity of applying what is taught and learned in a given quarter. Evaluation, therefore, takes place four times in a year, at the end of each quarter. This structure helps students to systematically build their portfolio of work, as the first prerequisit to enter the professional market.
The program provides close interaction and guidance through theory lectures, practical assignments, and projects, all of which build a quality portfolio of work at the end of the program, empowering the student to achieve preferential entry to the job market.
The 1 Year Diploma Course in Fashion Technology is a programme that equips students to understand and adapt to the ever changing fashion industry at large by engaging them in modules which begin with the fundamentals of design and its application in fashion right upto executing extensive research and development which finally leads to effective and functional design. The course is curated to enable students to graduate with a portfolio which serves as a vital entry pass to the fashion industry. During the course the students will have the opportunity to meet and interact with designers and collaborate with them on several projects. Graduates will leave the course with a clear understanding of design and its role and application in the fashion industry along with assessing and understanding market trends and demands.
The modules entailed in the course mentioned above:-
1. Elements and Principles of Design- Is an introductory module to any field in design. This is the building blocks which introduces the student to the core of design, the need for design, elements of design and its applications and principles of design and its applications in fashion
2. Colour Theory- Is another introductory module to understand colour and its applications in design. This module introduces the student to the origin of colour theory, terminologies, colour wheel and its construction, colour schemes and harmonies, psychology of colour and its application, colour forecasting, trends in colour, colour on computers, colour guidelines and applications
3. Fabric Science
4. History of Fashion- Is a crucial module in Fashion Technology which includes understanding the origin of fabric, yarn and fibre studies, types of fabrics, fabric compositions, weaves, drape and weight, colour, print, pattern and texture and effective application of the above mastered knowledge when selecting fabric and fabric combinations for effective design
5. Fashion & Accessory Design- This module includes introducing the student to develop a mini collection of garments and accessories based on the brief provided, while engaging in the design process at large and documenting stages of development in both categories of garments and accessories
6. Fashion Drawing Sketching & Illustrations- Is an entire module starting with the basics of fashion drawing and understanding the human anatomy and adaptations to create a fashion figure. This module transitions into sketching and rendering of the previously learnt fashion figures from references and commencing in developing and establishing a personal style of fashion illustrations
7. CAD for Fashion- Is a module which consist of an introduction to two design software programs, namely: Photoshop and Illustrator. The student will learn how to use the Programs and their various tools and thereby apply these skills with respect to their projects in fashion
8. Fashion Communication- Is a module which equips students to support their designs by developing effective communication skills and by networking and establishing contacts to survive in the industry tomorrow
9. Fashion Marketing- Is a module supported by Fashion Communication wherein the student is equipped to translate their communication knowledge and skills onto various marketing platforms ranging from developing a website, to creating a designer presence on multiple social media platforms. The students will learn to develop effective marketing strategies for the respective marketing platforms
10. Fashion Journalism- Is a module that is dedicated to developing ones reading and writing skills and applying the same on a daily basis on an active blog. One will also learn about trends and and trend forecasting along with assessing current trends and similar articles on the same.
11. Fashion Styling- Is a newly introduced module in the fashion stream which comprises of understanding what fashion styling is about, the need for it in the industry and the fundamental principles involved in order to apply these skills and abilities during photoshoots, etc.
12. Design Research & Development- Is a module starting with developing a brief and conducting effective research to support the brief there on graduating to documentation of research along with developing potential concepts for the project based from a source of inspiration and developing mood boards, rough sketches, flat sketches and final designs with a photoshoot to complete the module.
13. Portfolio Development- Is a module similar to the above with developing a brief and conducting effective research to support the brief there on graduating to documentation of research along with developing potential concepts for the project based from a source of inspiration and developing mood boards, rough sketches, flat sketches and final designs with a photoshoot to complete the module. Although in addition to the above, this module focuses on the final lookbook/ portfolio which includes applying CAD for fashion in terms of layouts and typography to emerge with a stunning portfolio