International Masters Combination Program - Interaction Design
International Postgraduate Diploma in Interaction Design
DURATION: 2 years (4 semesters)
+ M.B.A. Information Systems
NUMBER OF SEATS: 10
ELIGIBILITY: B.Tech, B.E. or equivalent, Graduation in Design, Visual Communication, Mass Communication and NICC Entrance Exam pass (Aptitude Test + Portfolio Evaluation + Interview)
PROGRAM FEES: Rs.2,65,500/- per year
For full fees details & breakup, please see the last page of the Application Form
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Students are enrolled in two programs simultaneously, therefore the program results in two qualifications in two years time:
1) International Postgraduate Diploma in Interaction Design - Pan-European acceptance and International recognition by ELIA Member-Institutions. This Diploma with the Portfolio it provides, is the platform to elite careers with Indian Industries & MNCs.
2) M.B.A. Information Systems - issued by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore - U.G.C. recognized
For more details of National & International validity of qualifications and their significance, please see the Affiliations page.
Academic year at NICC is divided into semesters, which are further divided into academic quarters. Every quarter consists of lecture periods and lecture + project periods, during which students are engaged in projects which are a direct opportunity of applying what is taught and learned in a given quarter. Evaluation, therefore, takes place four times in a year, at the end of each quarter. This structure helps students to systematically build their portfolio of work, as the first prerequisit to enter the professional market.
The program provides close interaction and guidance through theory lectures, practical assignments, and projects, all of which build a quality portfolio of work at the end of the program, empowering the student to enter the job market or pursue further studies abroad or in India.
- Interaction Design Theory and Principles
- User Interface (UI) Design
- Web Design
- Responsive Web and Mobile Applications Design
- Mobile Applications
- Stand-alone Applications and Systems
- Big Data Visualization and Applications
- User Experience (UX) Design
- Industry Project
- Digital and Physical Interfaces in Physical Products
- Electronic Systems
- Arduino and Processing
- The Internet of Things
- Soft and Physical Prototyping
- Home Automation (Elective)
- Industrial Automation (Elective)
- Market Research Systems and Marketability
- Industry Project and Portfolio finalization.
Internships and job placements are on individual basis provided to deserving students with IT Companies, Design Studios and other organizations in India. Some of these companies and organizations include Tata ELXSI, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Infosys, Symphony Teleca Corp (India Division), RSA - The Security Division of EMC2, Idiom Design and Consulting, Janaagraha, and others. Please see Placement page for the list of companies of past NICC placements.