International Undergraduate Twinning Program - Interior Design
International Graduate Diploma in Interior Design
+ B.Sc. Visual Communication Degree
DURATION: 4 years (8 semesters)
NUMBER OF SEATS: 20
ELIGIBILITY: + 2 or equivalent and NICC Entrance Exam pass (Aptitude Test + Portfolio Evaluation + Interview)
PROGRAM FEES: Rs.2,80,000/- per year
1) RESIDENTIAL SPACE DESIGN
2) COMMERCIAL SPACE DESIGN
3) RETAIL DESIGN
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Students are enrolled in two programs simultaneously, therefore the program results in two qualifications in four years time:
1) International Graduate Diploma In Interior Design - NICC is a Member-Affiliate of ELIA, The European League of Institutes of the Arts. NICC teaching curriculum is in accordance with international standards, and its students are accepted around the globe for higher education in the world's most elite Design Colleges. This Diploma with the Portfolio it provides, is the platform to elite careers with Indian Industries & MNCs.
2) B.Sc. Visual Communication Degree - issued by Bharathiar University, Coimbatore - U.G.C. recognized
For more details of National & International validity of qualifications and their significance, please see the Affiliations page.
Academic year at NICC is divided into semesters, which are further divided into academic quarters. Every quarter consists of lecture periods and lecture + project periods, during which students are engaged in projects which are a direct opportunity of applying what is taught and learned in a given quarter. Evaluation, therefore, takes place four times in a year, at the end of each quarter. This structure helps students to systematically build their portfolio of work, as the first prerequisit to enter the professional market.
The program provides close interaction and guidance through theory lectures, practical assignments, and projects, all of which build a quality portfolio of work at the end of the program, empowering the student to enter the job market or pursue higher studies abroad or in India.
First year - Foundation year: Common for all undergraduate programs. Students are exposed to a gamut of creative disciplines / subjects / modules ensuring a focused, relevant knowledge spectrum forming the foundation of the program. This enables the student to experience a variety of creative domains and understand the interdisciplinary nature of Design. Students are engaged in theory and practical classes, assignments, and projects in:
- Principles of Design
- Form and Materials
- Art (drawing, painting, sculpting)
- History of Art and Design
- Basic Photography and Image Processing
- Film & Video
- Fundamentals of CAD, 3D Modeling and Animation
- Graphic Design
- Fundamentals of Interaction Design (Game and Toy Design)
Second and third year: studies are focused on:
- 2D CAD Drafting
- Ergonomics and Anthropometrics
- Zoning and Space Planning
- Materials and Structures
- Services Design
- Styliing and Aesthetics
- Physical Prototying: Scale Modeling
- 3D projection and Walkthrough
All topics listed above are addressed via specific streams in Interior Design - Residential, Commercial and Retail Space Design, and via which learning and development of portfolio work takes place through projects.
Fourth year: focus on industry specialization within Residential, Commercial or Retail Space Design
- Estimation and Bill of Quantities
- Entrepreneurship and Buisness Management
Internships and job placements are on individual basis provided to deserving students with Interior Design, Architecture firms, and Retail Design firms. Some of these companies and organizations include Mahindra Retail, FRDC CKS Consulting PL India, Effxx INC, Deepti + Anant Swami Architects and others. Please see Placement page for the list of companies of past NICC placements.