International Masters Combination Program - Photography + MBA
International Postgraduate Diploma in Photography
+ M.A. Mass Communication Degree
DURATION: 4 semesters
NUMBER OF SEATS:15
ELIGIBILITY: Graduation in any stream and NICC Entrance Exam pass (Aptitude Test, Portfolio Evaluation, Interview)
(Download application form here)
PROGRAM FEES: Rs.2,90,000/- per year
The program simultaneously provides two qualifications in two years:
1) International Postraduate Diploma in Photography - NICC is a Member-Affiliate of ELIA, The European League of Institutes of the Arts. NICC teaching curriculum is in accordance with international standards, and its students are accepted around the globe for higher education in the world's most elite Design Colleges. This Diploma with the Portfolio it provides, is the platform to elite careers with Indian Industries & MNCs.
2) M.A. Mass Communication Degree - Issued by Bharathiar University - U.G.C. Recognized.
For more details of National & International validity of qualifications and their significance, please see the Affiliations page.
NICC is one of only four prestigious Canon Pro Centres in India, thus regarded as one of the best institutions in the country delivering high-quality professional education in Photography and related disciplines. NICC has a full-fledged photo-studio with the latest Canon photographic DSLR equipment and accessories, and professional software necessary for professional image processing. NICC students also enjoy exclusive internship and placement benefits extended to them by Canon India. Most importantly, NICC's credibility in the field of Professional Photography is founded on reputation and experience of more than thirty years by Dr. Akash K. Rose.
The program is designed to extend beyond the teaching of photographic techniques - it explores various commercial contexts of use of Photography, thus enables students to enter this highly competitive market with greater advantage.
The academic year is divided into semesters, which are further divided into academic quarters. Every quarter consists of lecture periods and lecture + project periods, during which students are engaged in projects which are a direct opportunity of applying what is taught and learned in a given quarter. Evaluation, therefore, takes place four times in a year, at the end of each quarter. This structure helps students to systematically build their portfolio of work, as the first prerequisite to enter the professional market.
Semester 1 and 2:
- Review of Photographic History
- Art Principles in Photography
- Photographic Theory and Techniques, Methods and Tools
- Camera, Lenses and Accessories
- Image-Capture Media
- Lighting Sources and Lighting Techniques
- Special Techniques and Styling
- Image Processing Software and Techniques
- Colour Management
Semester 3 and 4:
During the third and fourth semester students continue in the direction of their choice of Specialized Photography (Fashion, Product, Macro Photography, Photojournalism or Stock Photography, Sport or Event Photography, DSLR Cinematography), upon which development of individual photographic style takes place through projects. Internships and placements provided for students in Canon India and reputed publishing houses.